Thank you for visiting Harbor Group Management Company’s (HGMC) vendor website. We appreciate your interest in working with us; this site will serve as a way to connect our company with yours. HGMC’s goal is to make the process as easy as 1-2-3, by utilizing cutting-edge, multifamily technology. Whether you are a current or potential vendor, you’ll find all the information needed to work with HGMC. Our goal is to maintain professional and quality relationships with vendors.
Have questions? No worries! We are here to help guide you through the process.
Vendors who are interested in working with HGMC must comply with the Vendor Management Program
VMP is a two step process consisting of Compliance Depot and Ops Technology. How does this benefit you? Read more to find out.
Step 1. Compliance Depot
Compliance Depot is a risk management tool that will help keep Harbor Group Management Company (HGMC) properties safe by screening all vendors, to ensure they have adequate insurance coverage and a clean background.
As a vendor, your reputation is the lifeblood of your business. By credentialing through Compliance Depot, you can achieve “approved vendor” status at major companies that you may or may not currently do business with. In addition, you can save time and money by outsourcing operational matters, including:
- Management of insurance certificates, reducing vendor operating costs and exposure to liability.
- Alerts of any criminal activity of previously screened employees.
- Management of you, and your company’s, public data information.
To be considered compliant, vendors must register with Compliance Depot and maintain a status of "approved." To become an "approved" vendor in Compliance Depot, vendors must:
- Pay an annual fee directly to Compliance Depot.
- Submit a current W-9 form.
- Sign a vendor agreement.
- Pass a company and principal owner background check.
- Have adequate insurance coverage depending on your industry code.
- Have the correct additional insured language on your certificate of insurance.
- Provide appropriate endorsements.
Download Insurance Requirements – This document provides industry codes and corresponding risk levels. Once you determine your company’s risk profile, please select the correct Sample Certificate below. Providing this sample to your insurance carrier will help ensure the required verbiage and coverage amounts are correct before submitting to Compliance Depot.
- Sample Certificate of Insurance - Low Risk
- Sample Certificate of Insurance - Moderate Risk
- Sample Certificate of Insurance - High Risk
Step 2. Ops Technology
OpsTechnology is a purchasing and electronic invoice processing platform. Electronic invoicing prevents invoices from getting lost in the mail and gets payments to the vendor much faster. There are two types of electronic vendors in OpsTechnology – Electronic Invoicing and Managed Catalog.
- What is a Managed Catalog Vendor? Managed Catalog vendors host a catalog of parts and services on OpsTechnology that allows properties to shop online for your goods and services. Orders are transmitted electronically through Ops directly to you as the supplier. Once the goods and services have been delivered, invoices are then transmitted electronically to the property using the OpsTechnology platform.
- What is an Electronic Invoice Vendor? Electronic Invoice vendors cannot receive orders through the OpsTechnology platform, but they can submit invoices electronically to the properties. Do note that electronic invoices are not scanned, faxed, or emailed invoices. Electronic invoices are those keyed directly into the OpsMerchant platform, which does require vendors to register for an OpsMerchant account.
Click here for more information on the OpsTechnology Supplier Community
Step 3. HGMC Approved Vendor!
Once vendors have completed Steps 1 and 2, they will move on to Step 3: Being an HGMC Approved Vendor. Please be aware: Both programs carry associated costs to vendors, in order to participate. Download Fee Information from Ops Technology and Compliance Depot